The weather outside is (frightfully) warm
- December 20, 2006 5:25 PM
- By Commodities
You have to pity the Ontario government. It's running new winter tourism ads showing people enjoying winter sports, while in the streets of Toronto, kids have been sporting shorts.
The campaign, Warm up to Winter in Ontario, invites viewers to visit an Ontario resort and "ride, glide, shred a hill." The TV ads show people skiing, snowboarding and tubing through lots of snow.
Unfortunately, there's not much snow, and Conservative Leader John Tory is ready - tongue in cheek - to nail Liberal Premier Dalton McGuinty for misleading advertising.
"Only Mr. McGuinty and the Liberals would try to convince us it's snowing when it's not. And I won't be accepting any ice-fishing invitations in the coming days either."
Tourism Minister Jim Bradley is cool about the heat.
Even Liberals can't control the weather, and he's willing to make a bold prediction: The snow will soon be falling in Ontario.
- Chinese county revokes rule requiring officials to smoke local cigarettes
- A county in rural China has backtracked on an edict that government employees must smoke only locally made cigarettes after the order was reported in a newspaper.... Continue reading this post
- Brits set to nosh on squirrel-flavoured potato chips
- British tastebuds will never be the same, as a gaggle of outlandish potato chip varieties – including Cajun squirrel – hit store shelves across the country on Friday.... Continue reading this post