Visual Art: March 2013 Archives
Friday March 1, 2013
I grew up in a flat-roofed house, with pictures windows, floor to ceiling,
an open concept living and dining room and Danish modern furniture.
I loved the clean lines, the wood panelling on the walls and the views out over the poplar trees.
But I've never since then lived in a modern house!
My first apartment on rue Desjardins in Old Quebec was a rickety affair with deep stone walls and sloping floors.
My current home was built in the early 1920s with some oak trim and a couple of leaded glass windows.
I'm nostalgic for the modern. But it would seem that a lot of us are still stuck even further in the past.Read more »
Categories: Visual Art, architecture, music
- September 2014
- Mon., 22 – SEPTEMBER 20 2014
- November 2013
- September 2013
- Thu., 26 – Is Berlin a cultural beacon for Montreal?
- June 2013
- March 2013
- Fri., 1 – Are we just nostalgic?
- February 2013
- Wed., 20 – Who were Les Plasticiens?
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- Fri., 21 – Remembering Melvin Charney
- June 2012
- May 2012
- Sat., 19 – Are all the artists red?
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Fri., 30 – Arts students in the protest movement
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Sat., 14 – Winter culture in Canadian art
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- Sat., 28 – Masq'alors
- April 2011
- February 2011
- Tue., 22 – Corno's Art and Desire