Theatre: May 2012 Archives
Saturday May 19, 2012
A number of Quebec artists have publicly voiced their support for the student strike.
Over the weekend, Arcade Fire made headlines by wearing the iconic red square during a Saturday Night Live performance.
Last week in Cannes, filmmaker Xavier Dolan and the cast of his flim Laurence Anyways also donned the red square.
But columnist Sophie Durocher wonders, Les artistes sont-ils tous rouges? Are all the artists red?
Sophie writes for the Journal de Montreal and Clin d'oeil. She's also a well-known Quebec television host.
Listen to her conversation with Jeanette Kelly, host of Cinq à Six.
Download Flash Player to view this content.
Categories: Theatre, Visual Art, Writers, music
- March 2014
- February 2014
- Wed., 19 – The Future
- January 2014
- Fri., 17 – A question of choice
- November 2013
- Fri., 22 – The lure of the Big Smoke
- June 2013
- Thu., 6 – A Guide to Creative Montreal
- April 2013
- Sun., 7 – Young Canadians "getting short shrift"
- December 2012
- Sat., 8 – Mani Soleymanlou is a man on the move
- October 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- Sat., 19 – Are all the artists red?
- April 2012
- Sat., 14 – The sky is NOT falling
- February 2012
- Sat., 25 – Allan Hawco at the National Theatre School
- November 2011
- Sat., 26 – ANA -- A bilingual play
- September 2011
- Sat., 24 – Art: What's the Point?
- May 2011
- Sat., 28 – Masq'alors
- April 2011
- Sat., 9 – Equus
- February 2011
- January 2011
- Mon., 31 – The Culture Club goes to the theatre