Books: June 2012 Archives
Saturday June 30, 2012
Is it possible to identify that je ne sais quoi that has made this city a hub of creative musical energy?
From jazz to folk, rock to punk, Montreal musicians have garnered international reputation and accolades for years.
To what can we account this extraordinary rise of contemporary music in this city?
The Montreal X Factor is a panel discussion, hosted by Jeanette Kelly and sponsored by Geurnica Editions. It was recorded live, earlier this season, during the Blue Metropolis Montreal International Literary Festival.
Listen to the panel:
Download Flash Player to view this content.
Note: Because of copyright laws, we are obliged to remove the music from the audio we post on the Web. Here are the songs we played during the taping of the broadcast:
A track by Afuken
Monnttrreeaall by Alan Lord and the Falling Men
(Photo by Miguel Legault. Courtesy of Piknic Electronik.)
Read more »
- April 2014
- February 2014
- Wed., 19 – The Future
- December 2013
- Tue., 10 – Margaret Atwood on purr therapy
- November 2013
- Fri., 8 – Anne-Marie MacDonald to host QWF Gala
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Fri., 6 – Chick lit takes on fake fashion
- June 2013
- Tue., 25 – The pitfalls of DIY
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- Fri., 9 – Design gone wrong
- October 2012
- June 2012
- Sat., 30 – The Montreal X Factor
- April 2012
- March 2012
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Sat., 23 – Kim Thuy, author of "Ru"
- March 2011
- Fri., 11 – Joe Ollman's Mid-Life
- February 2011
- Tue., 22 – Books with Stanley Péan
- January 2011
- Mon., 24 – Quebec books - Stanley Péan's picks