Books: March 2012 Archives
Monday March 12, 2012
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is launching a new book called Imperfect Health: The Medicalization of Architecture.
That is also the name of an exhibition that is on at the centre right now.
Mirko Zardini is the executive director and chief currator of the Canadian Centre for Architecture. Listen to his conversation with Jeanette:
Download Flash Player to view this content.
Categories: Books, Urban Design, architecture
Friday March 2, 2012
Read more »
Nobody is cured of life itself, which ends. -- RIchard Sommer
One year ago, poet Richard Sommer published a book of poetry called Cancer Songs.
Its is a books of poems written as he went through diagnosis and treatment for prostate cancer.
It is a book not so much about cancer, he says in the foreword, but about his response to it.
Richard had been writing poetry most of his life. He taught creative writing at Concordia University.
But this book was one that really got personal.
- April 2014
- February 2014
- Wed., 19 – The Future
- December 2013
- Tue., 10 – Margaret Atwood on purr therapy
- November 2013
- Fri., 8 – Anne-Marie MacDonald to host QWF Gala
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Fri., 6 – Chick lit takes on fake fashion
- June 2013
- Tue., 25 – The pitfalls of DIY
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- Fri., 9 – Design gone wrong
- October 2012
- June 2012
- Sat., 30 – The Montreal X Factor
- April 2012
- March 2012
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Sat., 23 – Kim Thuy, author of "Ru"
- March 2011
- Fri., 11 – Joe Ollman's Mid-Life
- February 2011
- Tue., 22 – Books with Stanley Péan
- January 2011
- Mon., 24 – Quebec books - Stanley Péan's picks