Books: April 2011 Archives
Saturday April 23, 2011
The Blue Metropolis international literary festival starts on Wednesday. It's an annual gathering of authors and book lovers in Montreal. The festival attracts some of the best writers from around the world and here at home.
We would like to introduce you to one of the Quebec writers who is participating. You may have seen Kim Thuy's book "Ru" in French in book stores. It's coming out in English next year.
"Ru" is about Kim Thuy's own story of fleeing Vietnam in the late 70s, a harrowing escape in the hold of a boat, a stay at a refugee camp, and finally settling with her family in Quebec.
She will be giving writing workshops for young people at the Blue Met, and she just won Le Grand Prix Littéraire Archambault this week.
- April 2014
- February 2014
- Wed., 19 – The Future
- December 2013
- Tue., 10 – Margaret Atwood on purr therapy
- November 2013
- Fri., 8 – Anne-Marie MacDonald to host QWF Gala
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Fri., 6 – Chick lit takes on fake fashion
- June 2013
- Tue., 25 – The pitfalls of DIY
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- Fri., 9 – Design gone wrong
- October 2012
- June 2012
- Sat., 30 – The Montreal X Factor
- April 2012
- March 2012
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Sat., 23 – Kim Thuy, author of "Ru"
- March 2011
- Fri., 11 – Joe Ollman's Mid-Life
- February 2011
- Tue., 22 – Books with Stanley Péan
- January 2011
- Mon., 24 – Quebec books - Stanley Péan's picks