Thursday October 16, 2014
The Canada Council for the Arts has announced the 2014 shortlist for the Governor General's Literary Awards.
Claire Holden Rothman, is one of the Fiction finalists and she will be appearing at the Paragraphe Books and Breakfast on Sunday, Oct. 19 at 10 am at Le Centre Sheraton (1201 Blvd. Rene-Levesque West) in Montreal.
Her new novel, My October, is a finalist for the Governor General's Literary Awards and was also long listed for the Giller Prize in 2014.
Tuesday April 15, 2014
Flaneur is a new German magazine.
The concept is simple: each issue explores a different city by telling the stories of one single street.
Flaneur has already dedicated an issue to streets in Berlin and Leipzig in Germany.
Now, the editors are spending two months in Montreal, where they are collecting material for an issue dedicated to Bernard Street.
Cinq à Six host Jeanette Kelly met with Flaueur founder Ricarda Messner at Le Dépanneur Café on Bernard Street.
Listen to their conversation:
Wednesday February 19, 2014
Categories: Books, Fashion, Technology, Theatre, music
- October 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- Wed., 19 – The Future
- December 2013
- Tue., 10 – Margaret Atwood on purr therapy
- November 2013
- Fri., 8 – Anne-Marie MacDonald to host QWF Gala
- October 2013
- September 2013
- Fri., 6 – Chick lit takes on fake fashion
- June 2013
- Tue., 25 – The pitfalls of DIY
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- Fri., 9 – Design gone wrong
- October 2012
- June 2012
- Sat., 30 – The Montreal X Factor
- April 2012
- March 2012
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Sat., 23 – Kim Thuy, author of "Ru"
- March 2011
- Fri., 11 – Joe Ollman's Mid-Life
- February 2011
- Tue., 22 – Books with Stanley Péan
- January 2011
- Mon., 24 – Quebec books - Stanley Péan's picks