G20 detention prompts marriage proposal
- July 2, 2010 12:01 PM |
- By G20 Street Team
By CBC News
A Toronto couple separated for hours last weekend at a detention centre reserved for anti-G20 protesters will be tying the knot.
Speaking Thursday at a protest in which people voiced their anger at police tactics during the weekend's G20 summit, Tommy Taylor said the time he spent at the police holding centre on Eastern Avenue made him think about what was important in life.
"I am not a wealthy man by any means. All I can promise you is one hell of an adventure," Taylor told his girlfriend Kate Bullock in front of a cheering crowd.
Related: Stories from G20 detainees
Related: G20 detention centre: Photo Gallery
Related video: G20 detention centre
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post