Welcome to the G20 Street Level blog!
- June 18, 2010 9:21 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
(Adrien Veczan/Canadian Press)
By Jennifer Hollett, CBC News
I think we too often forget they work for us. As we inch closer to the G8 and G20 meetings, it should not be overlooked that these global leaders represent the people of their nations. These multimillion-dollar summits aren't just for the bobbleheads, they're for us.
The G20 Street Level blog will take you outside of the summit and into the streets. We have an eclectic bunch of local residents, students and journalists blogging about the summit from their unique point of view. Plus, we have you! Yes, you're on assignment. This blog is your
blog, and we encourage you to share your thoughts and experiences, be it through comments, photos or video.
As your online host, I will share my first-hand experiences inside the fence, as well as highlight the buzz on the street. My most important job will be listening and reporting on what
people are saying.
Right now the talk on the streets of Toronto is about security, and how it will ruin our day-to-day. CBCNews.ca Toronto's Pras Rajagopalan has already been blogging about G20 preparations, and he can share some insight on what's already happened.
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post