The view at Union Station
- June 19, 2010 10:49 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
Union Station. (Naomi Ikonomou)
By Naomi Ikonomou, G20 citizen blogger
The fence in front of Union Station is now up, but open to let people through in some places. The hot dog stands are gone. Also, the taxi stand is moved back and there's only one lane open for drivers. Foot traffic in the station seems like that of a regular Friday. Since most of our customers commute by GO train or bus, it would be nice if our business is the same next week, but most of them are talking about not coming in to work to avoid the hassles. We'll see.
Naomi runs Go-go Dry Cleaners on the concourse level of Union Station.
Related: Meet the team
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post