The power of Timbits
- June 25, 2010 9:18 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
The coveted box of Timbits. (Kim Fox/CBC)
By Carolyn Ryan, CBC News
I had to walk through about 40 officers congregated on the corner of John and Wellington streets to get to the Toronto Broadcast Centre. I was waiting at the light for a few minutes, holding Timbits, surrounded by uniforms.
Then one of the cops said to me, "You're taking your life into your hands, bringing those here. It's like taking steak into a shark tank."
I laughed and said I did indeed feel vulnerable. I asked him if they were being fed well. He said: "God, yes. It's like being on a cruise ship."
Sail on, ship of security...
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post