Quiet at the Croc
- June 23, 2010 8:43 PM |
- By G20 Street Team
Crocodile Rock pub. (Rod Beattie)
By Rod Beattie, G20 citizen blogger
While we had a great group of off duty G20 police in for our 911 night last night, the groups of 10 to 15 on-duty police officers on every corner made for interesting street traffic.
The mood of the general public is starting to become a little tenser. Our after-work business (after 4 p.m.) has faded to next to nothing with the street vehicle traffic being almost all police and cabs with the exception of the odd contractor's truck.
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post