G8/20 Summitacular Liveblog: Day Two
- June 25, 2010 8:39 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
A police officer patrols outside Royal Bank Plaza in Toronto's financial district on Thursday. (Chris Young/Canadian Press)
By Kady O'Malley, CBC News
Previously on the G8/20 Summitacular liveblog: We came, we saw and ... yes, I think it's safe to say we conquered the international media centre. We gazed in unexpectedly affectionate at the now iconic fake lake, partook of the seemingly endless buffets and, in general, settled into our new -- if temporary -- digs at the International Broadcast Centre. By the end of the day, it felt like we'd been there forever.
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post