G20: Your experience
- June 21, 2010 4:03 PM |
- By G20 Street Team
By Jennifer Hollett, CBC News
Range. It's one of social media's finest attributes. I just took a quick look at Facebook and Twitter to discover:
The fake lake made it to The Economist.
Activists are busy organizing, looking for help hosting visiting protesters. Donations of cash, food or cooking skills are welcome.
And a Naked News reporter was spotted covering the G20 barriers on Eastern Avenue, naked of course. And reportedly, no one cared. Probably best not to provide a link with this one.
In the Street Level blog, we're bringing you that range, from teen bloggers to journalists, locals to Oxfam Japan. And of course, your voice. We know you're armed with cameras and smartphones, so show us what you've got. Here's what to do:
Upload your G20 photos to our Flickr gallery.
Catch something on camera? Share it with us.
They follow each blog post. Please join the conversation.
And of course email.
Related: Meet the team
Related: It's going to be a heck of a week
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post