- June 21, 2010 11:04 PM |
- By G20 Street Team
A demonstrator covered in cocoa and vegetable oil to resemble a human oil slick walks through Toronto's financial district. (Chris Young/Canadian Press)
By Dale Boyer, G20 citizen blogger
I've noticed some of you like to wear bandanas around your face while you are walking around downtown, which I can only imagine is for protection against whatever inhalant you think you may encounter during your protest (or you don't want to be identified by CSIS ... but that is another blog topic).
In any case, I want to urge all of you this week to wear sunblock as well. The sun can cause premature aging of the skin!
With all the furrowing of brows and faces you'll be making during your chanting at police, your skin is going to need all the help it can get.
The G20 is not a time to take a break from appropriate skin care. You want to be convincing the leaders to listen to your message, not having untimely sunburn putting you in a drugstore (if you can find one open) looking for after sun aloe moisturizer.
So, while you're burning cardboard cutouts of our leaders this week, take care and don't go home to find yourself burned as well.
Related: Meet the team
Related: Protests clogs downtown
Related: Get your protest on
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post