- June 26, 2010 11:05 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
Protest protection for journalists. (Jennifer Hollett/CBC)
By Jennifer Hollett, CBC News
As the G8 leaders discuss Iran, North Korea and Afghanistan this morning and the G20 politicians come together, protesters and the journalists covering the protesters are gearing up.
Prepared for the worst, the pic above is a look at what the G20: Street Level team is equipped with. Despite the rain, we know many of you in the local area will also be out and about. Stay in touch. We're looking for your tips, photos, videos and reports on the G8 and G20 summits, from the fence to the protests. Here's how to submit your work:
Upload your G8 or G20 photos to the CBC Flickr gallery. You can also email them in. Make sure to provide your name for the photo credit.
Be it on mobile phone or camcorder, if you catch something on video, share it with us.
Chime in after every post on this blog. If you're on Twitter, add the hashtag #cbcg20 to your tweet. And you can email as well - firstname.lastname@example.org
This blog is your blog, be a part of it!
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post