G20 field reports: Jennifer Hollett
- June 26, 2010 3:57 PM |
- By G20 Street Team
By Jennifer Hollett, CBC News
CBC's Jennifer Hollett is on the the streets of Toronto and will be filing hourly updates during the G20 summit. Here's the latest.
I blog to you sitting down on the sidewalk of Spadina Ave. To my left, riot police in gas masks. To my right, people leaving as a result of the rain. The drummers are keeping the spirit alive as the chants begin to fade. Helicopter flying over. Since I'm locked out of the CBC, I expect to be here for awhile.
Jennifer is reporting from @CBCReporters
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post