G20: As it happened
- June 28, 2010 11:18 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
A camera captures crowds on the streets in downtown Toronto during the G20 summit. (Submitted by picturenarrative via Flickr)
By Kady O'Malley, CBC News
Summit weekend may be over, but you can relive all the excitement with the archived version of our weekend-long, as it happened liveblog.
The CBC G20 street team, which included reporters, citizen bloggers and commentary from people watching the action unfold on Twitter, was delivering wall-to-wall coverage all weekend - from the media centre to the streets and everywhere in between.
Replay the live blog below to see the event unfold, minute-by-minute. See photos of the demonstrations, watch video of the weekend's protests as they go from peaceful to chaotic, read reports from the temporary detention centre and live updates from the leaders' closing messages.
Click "replay" to see it unfold.
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post