Doing business during the G20
- June 21, 2010 9:59 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
Union Station. (Naomi Ikonomou)
By Naomi Ikonomou, G20 citizen blogger
My name is Naomi Ikonomou. I own a dry cleaning business in Union Station with Louis, my husband. We are here 25 years. Our son is running the business now; my husband is mostly retired. We have two daughters they also helped at the store on and off since their teenage years. We clean our clothes at the plant down the hall so we offer same-day service. Our customers are business people who work downtown. Many commute into the station, drop off clothes in the morningtime and pick them up in the evening to go home. Many of them don't want to be downtown during preparations for the summit and extra security, so we're expecting that our business will slow down a lot.
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post