Big bang, big bucks
- June 23, 2010 9:56 AM |
- By G20 Street Team
By Prasanna Rajagopalan, CBC News
We're getting bombarded with hundreds of photographs chronicling the extraordinary scene around downtown Toronto as G20 security preparations ramp up.
But I thought I would be remiss in my duties as a G20 blogger if I did not single out this great shot taken by my CBCNews.ca colleague Bruce Reeve.
It was taken at the corner of John and Wellington, just outside a police rest area that has been set up at the Canadian Broadcast Centre. Got to love Bruce's pithy caption, too.
About the Blog
CBC News Your Voice has assembled a team of citizen bloggers and CBC staff to bring you a street level view of Toronto during the global conference. From residents who live inside the security perimeter to business owners and students eager to share their perspectives, the G20: Street Level team will provide you with a 360-degree view of the summit's impact.
All News blogs
G20: Street Level
- G20 Street Level: A look back
- Police encircle and detain a crowd of protesters during the G20 summit in Toronto, on Sunday June 27, 2010. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) By Kim Fox, CBC NewsAs police erected barriers, world leaders descended on Toronto, and protesters prepared to capture... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our reporters
- Reporters sit next to the fake lake at the G20 media centre in Toronto. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)Leading up to and during the G20 summit in Toronto, CBC News' Street Level blog brought readers extensive reports from around the city. Our... Continue reading this post
- G20: Highlights from our citizen bloggers
- A man stands in front of the security fence outside Union Station in Toronto on Monday, June 28 as city life returns to normal following the weekend's G20 demonstrations. (Chris Young/Canadian Press) Leading up to and during the G20 summit... Continue reading this post