The Best Laid Plans
Author: Terry Fallis
The peccadilloes of Parliament Hill's political animals are the subject of The Best Laid Plans (McClelland and Stewart), Terry Fallis's hilarious first novel, which won the 2008 Stephen Leacock Medal for Humour and is now the Canada Reads 2011 champion. Discuss the book here!
We are currently exploring Chapter 19 of The Best Laid Plans.
Questions for Chapter 19:
- Given what happens in the course of the narrative, what do you think Terry Fallis is saying about the political system in Canada?
- The Tories called the vote early, which was allowed under the rules but not strictly fair. What do you think about this strategy?
- Not all of the characters were fully explored in the book. Which of the secondary characters would you have liked to hear more about?ion
- What was your favourite part of the story? Your least favourite?
- If Angus were running in the current federal election, would you vote for him? Why or why not?