Author of Forgiveness, being defended by Jeanne Beker
A lawyer by training, Mark Sakamoto has enjoyed a rich and varied career. He began by promoting live music, touring with several international acts. Mark has since worked at a national broadcaster and served as a senior political advisor in Ottawa. He is now the executive vice president of Think Research — a leading disruptor in digital healthcare. Both an entrepreneur and an investor, he is the chair of the Ontario Media Development Corporation Board. Sakamoto lives in Toronto with his wife and their two daughters.
The Canada Reads 2018 contenders
- Mozhdah Jamalzadah, defending The Boat People by Sharon Bala
- Tahmoh Penikett, defending American War by Omar El Akkad
- Greg Johnson, defending Precious Cargo by Craig Davidson
- Jeanne Beker, defending Forgiveness by Mark Sakamoto
- Jully Black, defending The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline