Finalists for $10K science writing prizes revealed
Seven books have been nominated for the annual Lane Anderson Awards, a prize the celebrates the best in Canadian science writing for adults and young readers.
Two winners, to be announced in September, will each receive $10,000.
Finalists in the books for young readers category are:
- Monster Science by Helaine Becker, illustrated by Phil McAndrew
- 5 Giraffes by Anne Innis Dagg
- Inside Your Insides by Claire Eamer, illustrated by Marie-Eve Tremblay
Finalists in the books for adult readers category are:
- At the Sea With the Marine Birds of the Raincoast by Caroline Fox
- North America in the Anthropocene by Robert William Sandford
- Bad Singer by Tim Falconer
- 100 Million Years of Food by Stephen Le
The past year's winners were Alanna Mitchell for Malignant Metaphor and Cybèle Young for her children's book The Queen's Shadow.
Popular now in books
'Just write.' The advice Diane Schoemperlen would give to aspiring writers
Enter The First Page now: CBC's new creative writing challenge for students
A guide to writing prizes for Canadians
- Reading List
Banned Books Week: 11 Canadian books that have been challenged
13 Canadian writers celebrate underrated books by women