Fresh from the Okanagan Valley comes Menus for an Orchard Table,
a collection of outstanding seasonal recipes from Joie Wines and Farm
Cooking School's renowned outdoor orchard dinners. The classes here are
sell-outs, with people traveling great distances to sit at a table in
Menus for an Orchard Table allows
readers to re-create some of Joie's most extraordinary dishes, with
essays on the Okanagan's wine country cuisine. The recipes are divided
into the courses served at Joie's orchard dinners, which balance
regional wines with the accompanying dishes. Among the selections:
- Chilled heirloom yellow tomato soup garnished with tomato confit and chive oil
- Country lamb and olive terrine with Joie pear and shallot compote and brioche
- Carmelis' goat yogurt cheese tart with dried cherries
- Claybank Farm lavender ice cream
- Similkameen Apiary honey Madeleines.
Menus for an Orchard Table will transport readers to Joie's magical outdoor dining table.
More from Whitecap Books