By Hannah Sung
What a way to end our focus on sports and soccer. Spain takes the 2010 World Cup. Olé! John Doyle may be just as good as a psychic octopus at predictions.
Thanks to John Doyle for the soccer education and for sharing thoughts on his best-selling memoir, The World Is a Ball: The Joy, Madness and Meaning of Soccer.
As we always do, we're wrapping up our focus on a theme with a Top 10 list for you to print out, forward on, peruse, debate or keep as a checklist for your own book club. Here, we go, as voted by you, the CBC Book Club's list of the Top 10 Sports Books of all time. (As well as the long list discussion for further reading). Enjoy!
- The Bone Cage by Angie Abdou
- Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby
- Baseballissimo by Dave Bidini
- King Leary by Paul Quarrington
- The Hockey Sweater by Roch Carrier
- The Game by Ken Dryden
- The Good Body by Bill Gaston
- Shoeless Joe by W. P. Kinsella
- Football Against the Enemy by Simon Kuper
- The Miracle of Castel di Sangro by Joe McGinniss