Princess Eugenie, daughter of Prince Andrew, engaged
Wedding will take place at St. George's Chapel, where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will marry in May
It will be a busy year for royal weddings: Princess Eugenie is engaged to be married later this year, several months after her cousin Prince Harry's nuptials.
Eugenie, the daughter of Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, will marry Jack Brooksbank in the fall, Buckingham Palace said Monday.
The palace said the wedding will take place at St. George's Chapel in Windsor. Prince Harry and his American fiancée Meghan Markle will marry at the same chapel in May.
Eugenie, 27, is the second child born to Andrew and Ferguson, and she works at London's contemporary art gallery Hauser & Wirth.
Brooksbank, 31, has had a career in the hospitality industry for several years and is a former manager of the Mahiki nightclub, a celebrity hotspot in London.
- WATCH: Prince Harry & Meghan: Truly, Madly, Deeply on The Passionate Eye
- PHOTOS: Britain's most memorable royal weddings
- "Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make first official public appearance together
"Her Royal Highness and Mr. Brooksbank became engaged in Nicaragua earlier this month," the palace tweeted.
Ferguson tweeted: "Total joy!!" to mark the engagement and said the couple "float with laughter and love."
Brooksbank's parents, Nicola and George Brooksbank, also welcomed the news, saying they couldn't be more delighted.
Popular in News
1 1200 reading now Woman pulls dog out of icy waters in dramatic footage
- 2 770 reading now Trudeau promises to meet with MP responsible for inviting Jaspal Atwal to events in India
- 3 640 reading now Backlash against NRA, gun industry spreads in wake of Florida shooting
- 4 396 reading now Tina Fontaine met social workers, police and health-care workers — but no one kept her safe
- 5 382 reading now 'I wish I knew': Alberta mother desperate to find son missing in Sun Peaks