I'll take Bummer for $400: Canadians no longer allowed on Jeopardy
Longtime host Alex Trebek is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
When it comes to appearing on the popular game show Jeopardy, Canadians need not apply.
The show's website includes a question in its FAQ section on whether Canadians are eligible to take the contestant test.
- Match made on Jeopardy!
- Saint John teacher Maryanne Lewell meets fiancé on Jeopardy
- Troy Tulowitzki trade makes for awkward Jeopardy! moment
The website says the show is currently "precluded from accepting registration information from Canadian residents."
It goes on to say the show is evaluating the matter but does not indicate why.
Media reports quote the show's producers as saying the problem is due to international laws governing how information is shared over the Internet.
The longtime host of Jeopardy, Alex Trebek, is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
Popular in News
1 1073 reading now People with serious food allergies want impostors to stop faking it in restaurants
- 2 340 reading now New Westminster schools to have counsellors on hand after student dies of overdose
- 3 308 reading now Trump dominates difficult summit that leaves G7 divided on climate
- 4 293 reading now Trump slams media reports of Kushner's Russia contacts as 'fabricated lies'
- 5 263 reading now North Korea fires short-range ballistic missile into waters off western Japan