I'll take Bummer for $400: Canadians no longer allowed on Jeopardy
Longtime host Alex Trebek is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
When it comes to appearing on the popular game show Jeopardy, Canadians need not apply.
The show's website includes a question in its FAQ section on whether Canadians are eligible to take the contestant test.
- Match made on Jeopardy!
- Saint John teacher Maryanne Lewell meets fiancé on Jeopardy
- Troy Tulowitzki trade makes for awkward Jeopardy! moment
The website says the show is currently "precluded from accepting registration information from Canadian residents."
It goes on to say the show is evaluating the matter but does not indicate why.
Media reports quote the show's producers as saying the problem is due to international laws governing how information is shared over the Internet.
The longtime host of Jeopardy, Alex Trebek, is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
Popular in News
1 1657 reading now Ominous signs that the next war in the Middle East is coming, and it won't be pretty
- 2 804 reading now U.S. nuclear commander would propose other options before a strike on North Korea
- 3 541 reading now AC/DC co-founder and guitarist Malcolm Young dead at 64
- 4 462 reading now How a Facebook lie about Thunder Bay woman killed by trailer hitch spread
- 5 414 reading now 'This is bunk': WestJet apologizes for misleading passengers about why it cancelled flights