I'll take Bummer for $400: Canadians no longer allowed on Jeopardy
Longtime host Alex Trebek is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
When it comes to appearing on the popular game show Jeopardy, Canadians need not apply.
The show's website includes a question in its FAQ section on whether Canadians are eligible to take the contestant test.
- Match made on Jeopardy!
- Saint John teacher Maryanne Lewell meets fiancé on Jeopardy
- Troy Tulowitzki trade makes for awkward Jeopardy! moment
The website says the show is currently "precluded from accepting registration information from Canadian residents."
It goes on to say the show is evaluating the matter but does not indicate why.
Media reports quote the show's producers as saying the problem is due to international laws governing how information is shared over the Internet.
The longtime host of Jeopardy, Alex Trebek, is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
Popular in News
1 3478 reading now Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018
- 2 1883 reading now In a world without work, being busy will be the new status symbol: Don Pittis
- 3 1565 reading now 'It's sickening': Widow horrified after husband's body forgotten in morgue, not donated to science
- 4 1083 reading now 'Unbelievably dangerous': Woman sues after crash at rail crossing flagged for safety fixes since '90
- 5 925 reading now Cougar carcass found frozen in snow northwest of Thunder Bay may answer mountain lion mystery