I'll take Bummer for $400: Canadians no longer allowed on Jeopardy
Longtime host Alex Trebek is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
When it comes to appearing on the popular game show Jeopardy, Canadians need not apply.
The show's website includes a question in its FAQ section on whether Canadians are eligible to take the contestant test.
- Match made on Jeopardy!
- Saint John teacher Maryanne Lewell meets fiancé on Jeopardy
- Troy Tulowitzki trade makes for awkward Jeopardy! moment
The website says the show is currently "precluded from accepting registration information from Canadian residents."
It goes on to say the show is evaluating the matter but does not indicate why.
Media reports quote the show's producers as saying the problem is due to international laws governing how information is shared over the Internet.
The longtime host of Jeopardy, Alex Trebek, is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
Popular in News
1 1156 reading now 'A dating website designed by Fidel Castro': Opposition blasts Liberal electoral reform survey
- 2 963 reading now Families could pay up to $420 more for food in 2017, report finds
- 3 888 reading now 'I trusted them fully': B.C. man, 92, says of son and daughter who took his millions
- 4 852 reading now Montreal buses, cars, police cruiser and even salt truck slide down hill
- 5 599 reading now Texas Republican won't cast electoral college vote for Trump