I'll take Bummer for $400: Canadians no longer allowed on Jeopardy
Longtime host Alex Trebek is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
When it comes to appearing on the popular game show Jeopardy, Canadians need not apply.
The show's website includes a question in its FAQ section on whether Canadians are eligible to take the contestant test.
- Match made on Jeopardy!
- Saint John teacher Maryanne Lewell meets fiancé on Jeopardy
- Troy Tulowitzki trade makes for awkward Jeopardy! moment
The website says the show is currently "precluded from accepting registration information from Canadian residents."
It goes on to say the show is evaluating the matter but does not indicate why.
Media reports quote the show's producers as saying the problem is due to international laws governing how information is shared over the Internet.
The longtime host of Jeopardy, Alex Trebek, is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
Popular in News
1 1211 reading now Police hunt Barcelona driver after deadly vehicle attacks
- 2 1141 reading now 'Everybody's worst nightmare': says Prince George, B.C., daycare owner who fought off alleged abductor
- 3 780 reading now Historians say removal not the only way to deal with racist relics
- 4 471 reading now What we know about the suspected Barcelona, Cambrils attackers
- 5 457 reading now Too much standing is bad, study finds — it's time to move