Expect hydro savings, say Liberals after Amherstburg, Ont. horse trainer meets with Wynne
Libby Keenan's open letter to the Premier about hydro prices went viral
Liberal sources say measures to reduce the cost of electricity will be the centrepiece of the next provincial budget, after the Premier met with an Amherstburg, Ont. horse trainer.
Less than two weeks after her open letter to the Kathleen Wynne on Facebook went viral, Libby Keenan got to tell Kathleen Wynne about her concerns in person.
The horse trainer met with the Premier and other government officials Wednesday afternoon at Queen's Park in Toronto.
- Hydro cost complaint to Kathleen Wynne sparks online uproar
- Viral letter to Kathleen Wynne over hydro gets a personal response
After thousands of people shared her Facebook post, Keenan got a phone call from the Premier with an invitation to meet in person. Keenan used the opportunity to tell the Premier about the issues she is facing, particularly hydro prices.
"I'm very optimistic, it was not 'have a tea biscuit and nice to see you and goodbye'," said Keenan who added the Premier promised action on hydro rates.
"They are going to produce an answer on what can be done on the rates we're paying for hydro, we're specifically aiming at the delivery charges that rural customers are paying," Keenan told reporters after Wednesday's meeting.
Minister of Energy Glenn Thibeault was positive about Keenan's meeting with Premier Wynne, saying "I think it's great that people continue to engage with our government."
Libby Keenan intends to continue that engagement.
"We've started a discussion here that is going to continue... was it worth the drive? Absolutely."
- MORE WINDSOR NEWS | Windsor, Ont. family hopes bone marrow match can save infant daughter
- MORE WINDSOR NEWS | Police make arrest after 'dangerous' break and enter
Popular in News
1 443 reading now Man who disappeared from Toronto's Gay Village 'led double life,' wife learned
- 2 147 reading now Teller who admitted helping with heist not allowed to back out of guilty plea, judge rules
- 3 134 reading now Official noted bridge cracks 2 days before collapse
- 4 113 reading now Former FBI deputy Andrew McCabe fired by attorney general
- 5 90 reading now Donald Trump Jr.'s wife files for divorce