P.E.I. tops CNN list of places to visit
List also includes Malaysia and Colombia
CNN had the whole world to choose from, and it is sending its viewers to Prince Edward Island.
P.E.I. tops a list of 17 best places in the world to visit this year published by the American news broadcaster Friday morning.
"Travelers are falling in love with the island's rocky red shores and picturesque fishing villages all over again thanks to several new TV and movie productions of the Lucy Maud Montgomery classic," says the online feature.
The added attention will be welcome news for the Island's tourism industry, which marked record business in 2016 for the third straight year.
The CNN list also includes Malaysia, Colombia and Chengdu, China.
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | P.E.I. loses full-time jobs in 2016
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Confederation Bridge to offer self-serve shuttle for $15
Popular in News
1 2557 reading now Delayed flight turns into Newfoundland kitchen party at Pearson International Airport
- 2 997 reading now What's ruthenium-106? What you need to know about Russian radiation
- 3 954 reading now Charlie Rose fired from CBS News; PBS terminates relationship
- 4 897 reading now Liberal government backs bill that demands full implementation of UN Indigenous rights declaration
- 5 851 reading now 'You have lied to police': Dellen Millard grills co-accused's ex at Laura Babcock murder trial