P.E.I. tops CNN list of places to visit
List also includes Malaysia and Colombia
CNN had the whole world to choose from, and it is sending its viewers to Prince Edward Island.
P.E.I. tops a list of 17 best places in the world to visit this year published by the American news broadcaster Friday morning.
"Travelers are falling in love with the island's rocky red shores and picturesque fishing villages all over again thanks to several new TV and movie productions of the Lucy Maud Montgomery classic," says the online feature.
The added attention will be welcome news for the Island's tourism industry, which marked record business in 2016 for the third straight year.
The CNN list also includes Malaysia, Colombia and Chengdu, China.
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | P.E.I. loses full-time jobs in 2016
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Confederation Bridge to offer self-serve shuttle for $15
Popular in News
1 922 reading now Timing of Sean Spicer's exit allows him to go 'with the least egg on his face'
- 2 746 reading now Canadians set record with U.S. real estate shopping spree
- 3 654 reading now Couple catches slow, snaky death of rare Canadian salamander found only in Manitoba
- 4 586 reading now SECOND OPINION | It's war! Debunkers take on Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP and celebrity pseudoscience
- 5 528 reading now This cannibalistic invasive species could be coming to your dinner table