P.E.I. tops CNN list of places to visit
List also includes Malaysia and Colombia
CNN had the whole world to choose from, and it is sending its viewers to Prince Edward Island.
P.E.I. tops a list of 17 best places in the world to visit this year published by the American news broadcaster Friday morning.
"Travelers are falling in love with the island's rocky red shores and picturesque fishing villages all over again thanks to several new TV and movie productions of the Lucy Maud Montgomery classic," says the online feature.
The added attention will be welcome news for the Island's tourism industry, which marked record business in 2016 for the third straight year.
The CNN list also includes Malaysia, Colombia and Chengdu, China.
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | P.E.I. loses full-time jobs in 2016
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Confederation Bridge to offer self-serve shuttle for $15
Popular in News
1 1311 reading now Evacuations ordered as fire rages at Port Coquitlam, B.C. train yard
- 2 746 reading now Saskatchewan family sells everything, moves to Alberta in search of jobs
- 3 408 reading now How Bill Morneau may use Sweden's gender-balanced snow-clearing to adjust Canadian budgets
- 4 289 reading now Trump signs spending bill, ending U.S. government shutdown
- 5 259 reading now What can we tell from how someone speaks?