P.E.I. tops CNN list of places to visit
List also includes Malaysia and Colombia
CNN had the whole world to choose from, and it is sending its viewers to Prince Edward Island.
P.E.I. tops a list of 17 best places in the world to visit this year published by the American news broadcaster Friday morning.
"Travelers are falling in love with the island's rocky red shores and picturesque fishing villages all over again thanks to several new TV and movie productions of the Lucy Maud Montgomery classic," says the online feature.
The added attention will be welcome news for the Island's tourism industry, which marked record business in 2016 for the third straight year.
The CNN list also includes Malaysia, Colombia and Chengdu, China.
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | P.E.I. loses full-time jobs in 2016
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Confederation Bridge to offer self-serve shuttle for $15
Popular in News
1 1658 reading now Here's what could happen if North Korea detonated a hydrogen bomb
- 2 737 reading now Trump has made 'our rockets' visit' to U.S. mainland inevitable, North Korean foreign minister says
- 3 667 reading now RCMP called off chase of stolen truck before 3 killed in crash near Alberta-Sask. border
- 4 395 reading now 'Trump has scared the bejesus out of everyone': How Canada could win the Amazon sweepstakes
- 5 308 reading now Brandon teens credited with caring for toddler found alone in the rain