Céline Dion's brother Daniel, 59, has died
Death comes two days after the death of her husband, René Angélil
Daniel Dion, a brother of pop singer Céline Dion, has died.
His death Saturday was confirmed by the office of Céline Dion's publicist, Francine Chaloult.
News emerged yesterday that Daniel Dion, 59, had cancer and didn't have long to live.
His death comes two days after the death of Céline Dion's husband and long-time manager, René Angélil, after a long battle with throat cancer.
- Céline Dion's brother has cancer, doesn't have long to live, says singer's representative
- René Angélil, Céline Dion's husband and former manager, dead at 73
- PHOTOS | The life of René Angélil
- 5 things you may not know about René Angélil
Daniel Dion was one of the 14 Dion siblings and the eighth child born to Thérèse and Adhémar Dion.
His sister Claudette Dion told Le Journal de Montréal on Friday that her brother had only days or hours to live. She added that he had cancer of the throat, tongue and brain.
Céline Dion's husband, René Angélil, died Thursday in the suburban Las Vegas home in Henderson, Nevada, that he shared with her and their three children.
Daniel Dion's funeral will take place at St-Simon-et-Jude de Charlemagne church in Repentigny, Que.
The date has yet to be announced.
Popular in News
1 1364 reading now Far-right group claims victory after emerging from Quebec City parking garage
- 2 1033 reading now Toronto man who disappeared 3 years ago surfaces on Interpol list of feared ISIS suicide bombers
- 3 435 reading now Where, when and how to watch the solar eclipse in Toronto
- 4 362 reading now Comedy legend Jerry Lewis dead at 91
- 5 274 reading now Total solar eclipse 2017: Read CBC's complete coverage