Arts & Entertainment
I'll take Bummer for $400: Canadians no longer allowed on Jeopardy
Longtime host Alex Trebek is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
When it comes to appearing on the popular game show Jeopardy, Canadians need not apply.
The show's website includes a question in its FAQ section on whether Canadians are eligible to take the contestant test.
- Match made on Jeopardy!
- Saint John teacher Maryanne Lewell meets fiancé on Jeopardy
- Troy Tulowitzki trade makes for awkward Jeopardy! moment
The website says the show is currently "precluded from accepting registration information from Canadian residents."
It goes on to say the show is evaluating the matter but does not indicate why.
Media reports quote the show's producers as saying the problem is due to international laws governing how information is shared over the Internet.
The longtime host of Jeopardy, Alex Trebek, is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
Popular in News
1 243 reading now Trudeaus' Caribbean flight details redacted to exclude nanny, in-laws
- 2 149 reading now Trudeaus' Caribbean flight details redacted to exclude nanny, in-laws
- 3 143 reading now B.C. family upset over wiggling worm discovered in fish for dinner
- 4 118 reading now Tornado touches down in LaSalle, Ont., possibly also in Windsor
- 5 102 reading now Activists fill court at trial of woman charged for giving water to pigs sent to slaughter