Arts & Entertainment
I'll take Bummer for $400: Canadians no longer allowed on Jeopardy
Longtime host Alex Trebek is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
When it comes to appearing on the popular game show Jeopardy, Canadians need not apply.
The show's website includes a question in its FAQ section on whether Canadians are eligible to take the contestant test.
- Match made on Jeopardy!
- Saint John teacher Maryanne Lewell meets fiancé on Jeopardy
- Troy Tulowitzki trade makes for awkward Jeopardy! moment
The website says the show is currently "precluded from accepting registration information from Canadian residents."
It goes on to say the show is evaluating the matter but does not indicate why.
Media reports quote the show's producers as saying the problem is due to international laws governing how information is shared over the Internet.
The longtime host of Jeopardy, Alex Trebek, is a Canadian, born and raised in Sudbury, Ont.
Popular in News
1 1254 reading now 'The parasite is slowly taking over the host': Some Republicans flee Trump, back Clinton
- 2 778 reading now Const. James Forcillo appealing attempted murder conviction in fatal shooting of Sammy Yatim
- 3 707 reading now Billion-year-old air reveals surprise about oxygen on ancient Earth
- 4 686 reading now Teen couple from Alberta's Whitefish First Nation were shot to death, police say
- 5 683 reading now G is for Goodbye: Sesame Street cuts 3 longtime cast members