Friday, Feb 12:
- Opening ceremonies at BC Place at 5:30 p.m. Both the Stadium SkyTrain Station and the Yaletown Canada Line Station will likely start to see heavy traffic Friday afternoon.
- The Cambie Street Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic until midnight. The bridge will still be open to pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
Saturday, Feb 13:
- Speed skating begins at 12pm at the Richmond Oval. Plan extra travel time if you plan to take the Canada Line Saturday morning.
- Women's hockey games at 12pm and 5pm at UBC may affect traffic along West Broadway and Fourth Avenue. Also expect heavy volume on the 99 B-Line express bus to UBC.
- Short-track begins at the Pacific Coliseum at 5pm. Expect heavy volume at the 29th Avenue and Millennium Renfrew SkyTrain stations.
- Hey Ocean! performs at the Richmond O Zone at 8 p.m. The Richmond-Brighouse Canada Line Station will likely see heavy volume before and after the performance.
- Jesse Farrell performs at LiveCity Downtown at 10 p.m. Expect delays before and after the show.
- Figure skating begins at 3:30pm at Pacific Coliseum. Expect heavy volume at the 29th Avenue and Millennium Renfrew SkyTrain stations.
- Women's hockey games at 12pm and 4:30pm at UBC may affect traffic along West Broadway and Fourth Avenue. Also expect heavy volume on the 99 B-Line express bus to UBC.
Expect delays around the Downtown and Yaletown LiveCity locations throughout the weekend. Travel smart this weekend by keeping updated with CBC's traffic reports.
Stuck in traffic? Waiting in line at the bus stop? Keep your fellow commuters in the loop by sharing with CBC's The Hub.