The City of Vancouver is encouraging cycling as a way to reduce downtown traffic and congestion on city transit.
To promote cycling, the city has teamed up with BEST to provide a bicycle valet service near event venues. The free service provides a safe place for cyclists to park their bicycles during the Olympics.
Bicycle valet services can be found at:
- BC Place (under Cambie Bridge and at Union St./Quebec St.)
- Pacific Coliseum (Along entry walk from Hastings St.)
- Vancouver Olympic/Paralympic Centre (Manitoba St./Dinmont St.)
- LiveCity Downtown (Beatty St./Pender St.)
- LiveCity Yaletown (Drake St. across from LiveCity entrance)
- Olympic Line (Olympic Village station)
- Granville Island (near Information Booth)
We also want to hear from you. How have you been getting around the city since the Games began? Will you be cycling to work and elsewhere during the Olympics?
Share your thoughts and tips below.