These free, live music concerts will be happening every weekday on the CBC plaza
on Hamilton Street (between West Georgia and Robson). Grab your lunch, your friends, and your co-workers and join us Monday to Friday
from noon - 1 pm.
This year we will host even more incredible local and international artists on the CBC stage.
- Melanie is a singer-songwriter who started performing as a teenager. Now she pens her own hits (including top ten in Canada: "I Said I") and has opened for Diana Krall, Faith Hill & Chaka Khan.
- Mazacote is a hard hitting Vancouver based six piece latin dance band, playing horn-driven New York salsa dura and beats from Colombia, Puerto Rico and Cuba.
Thursday, July 18 - Los Vega*
- Los Vega For more than five generations, Mexico's Vega family have contributed to the traditional son jarocho of Veracruz. Son jarocho melds Mexican folk music with Cuban son and other influences in a dynamic and lyrical music special to the Veracruz region.
- Briga brings a hybrid of songs written in French and English, guided by her fervent violin and firmly rooted in eastern European and Romani folk sounds.
- At the forefront of a rising wave of new local talent in bluegrass and old-time music, Viper Central has created an original niche in an otherwise traditional style and yet appeals to audiences both young and old.
- Music BC presents selected artists to showcase some of the best of BC folk music.
- Canadian troubadour folk-poet David Francey pairs up with Louisiana native-turned-Nashville Mary Gauthier
- Comas brings together their many cultural influences to forge a unique blend of traditional Irish music
Monday, July 29 - Cuban Fire
- If you love latin music, you will love Cuban Fire!
- high energy spoken word artists
- A great blend of contemporary soul, funk and R&B.
- This all-star collection of musical talent plays the finest of Mexican traditional music, with their own unique northern twist.
- Stunning and original, their style has been described as Love-Rock.
- An energetic blend of traditional Scottish, Irish tunes blended with a funky rhythm section and innovative arrangements
- Vancouver's alt-country rocker continues to explore and evolve - more rock
- This 6 piece rock-pop band have a loyal fan base that spans generations.
- High energy rockabilly at it's best!
- Vancouver folk rock band described as 'Kinks-meet-Americana sound'
- Vancouver electro-dance outfit Bear Mountain has been making an impact on the road especially at recent American festivals including SXSW, Sasquatch and Lollapalooza. Catch Bear Mountain's special home town show on the CBC Nooners stage
- Country/pop duo from Langley.
- Orkestar Slivovica has been leading the global Balkan brass band charge here on Canada's west coast. This sizeable group has a high energy, infectious sound with a refreshing and unique sound.
Monday, August 19 - Rykka
- Christina Maria, a.k.a. Rykka, takes a turn from her singer-songwriter path and heads into the world of distorted electric guitars and synth.
Unfortunately, Gold & Youth had to cancel their appearance at Musical Nooners, but we are pleased to announce that singer-songwriter Louise Burns
will take the stage on Tuesday.
- Mohawk First Nations blues singer songwriter and piano player, piano player and Juno award winner.
- Indie alternative pop band from Vancouver.
- Some of Canada's top blues musicians together for the final summer performance of the season.
While we do control the line-up, we can't control the weather. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @CBCVancouver
in case of changes to the schedule due to inclement weather.
Check out some of the photos from last year's CBC Musical Nooners below.