CFL Sessions, Grey Cup Ring, & other music things!
Saturday, November 23rd, 101st GREY CUP WEEKEND:
- Roughriding a WHITEHORSE is a dangerous way to spend your Grey Cup weekend. How about just SPRINTERVIEW the band instead?
- DONOVAN WOODS joked with me a couple years ago that he only exists during the CFL playoffs. Truth is, I don't need an excuse to play his music, but in the interests of favouritism, it's good to have one! Donovan speaks about the reasons behind his song "My Cousin Has a Grey Cup Ring."
- Digging into the Bandwidth vault turned up some treasures: my first-ever Sprinterview! Back then it was called The 90 Second Egg and this one was with its creator: GRANT LAWRENCE. He's on tour with a new book and great Ontario songwriters are tagging along.
- Another piece of radio gold (circa 2009) was with DR. HENRY ADAM SVEC. The then-PhD-student in media studies had released a project called THE CFL SESSIONS in which he claimed to have unearthed poorly recorded folk songs from 1970s CFL players then re-recorded them. (That was when he merely had a Masters in method acting.)
- We'll rock to BLAKDENIM, THE BATTLE OF SANTIAGO, CHRIS PAGE, CRISSI COCHRANE, & ANDREW VINCENT.
|Radio One||Saturdays 5:05 to 6:00 p.m.|