July 2013 Archives
Friday July 26, 2013
Take interviews from Lindi Ortega and Erik Lind, some tunes from Lyndon's Frozen Lake, Lindy Vopnfjord, The Weather Station (Tamara Lindeman) and Fern Lindzon, and you've got the latest Bandwidth episode, 'Gone with the Lind!'
It's a (mostly) encore presentation of Bandwidth: Gone With the Lind tomorrow at 5:05 pm on CBC Radio One.
Monday July 22, 2013
This month Amanda Rheaume sat down with me to chat about how her incredible family inspired her latest record.
Wednesday July 17, 2013
- Hilotrons' stripped-down session in Studio 14 revealed Mike Dubue is really a singer-songwriter masquerading as an electro-dance band!
Listen to the full session here at CBC Music.
- The feature interview today is with Amanda Rheaume, whose latest CD Keep a Fire is really an audio family album. Who wouldn't want to sing about your relatives when they have stories as captivating as Amanda's. (Anyone in your lineage sail on the HMCS Labrador, found Manitoba, or get lost at sea for two days on a barge alone with six kids? 'Nuff said.)
- Plus an Egg with Lindi Ortega, Polaris Music Prize news, and a new tune from Kris and Dee!
Thursday July 11, 2013
- Radio debut of Waterloo band The Royal Streets, discovered at a backyard house concert in Ottawa!
- The Marrieds are bedmates and bandmates, and that deserves a special set of questions in a 90 Second Egg!
- Folk singer Laura Smith experienced a series of freak accidents years ago. They left her in chronic pain, unable to make music or barely function. She kicked an addiction to pain killers and just released her first album in 15 years. I'll re-play our compelling conversation on this week's show in honour of Laura playing both London Home County Music Festival and Stewart Park Festival next weekend.
- The third installment of the Bandwidth Stripped-Down Sessions, this time with modern-folk trio The Acorn. All the bands in the series can be seen Saturday night on CBC TV in Ottawa, 7:00 pm.
Thursday July 4, 2013
The photo there on the left features two songwriters whose music I adore: Mo Kenney and Leeroy Stagger. (I'm the short one in the middle.) Mo and Leeroy were two of five wonderous talents in the annual CBC Canada Day Songwriters' Circle earlier this week. It also included Amylie, Kae Sun, and Kytami.
I'll play some highlights for you on Bandwidth as well as an encore play of my heart-to-heart with folk-roots troubadour Justin Rutledge on his latest album Valleyheart.
I will also debut a tune from Drumhand, who is playing Sunfest in London this very weekend, and tell you some picks from Mariposa Folk Fest in Orillia (Mo!), Wolfe Island Festival (Justin!), and AfroFest (Kae Sun).
Tuesday July 2, 2013
The 90 Second Egg is with blues-folk troubadour all-around great guy John Carroll. Missed it? Click the play button below!
And I'll have another installment of Kathleen Edwards' Stories from the Road, this time she talks about one of Ottawa's favourite sidemen / session players Fred Guignon. Fred happens to play with Lynn and John, completing the circle of Ottawa music-love.
Both Lynn Miles and Kathleen Edwards head to Sudbury on the July 5th weekend for the Northern Lights Festival Boreal.
John Carroll and The Epic Proportions play Ottawa's RBC Bluesfest July 14th at 1:45 p.m. Congratulations to our Bandwidth Bluesfest contest winners: Bonnie Kerr of Angus and Melissa Cantan of Laval!
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- Fri., 21 – Family Business: Sam Cash & Devin Cuddy
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- Fri., 22 – Black History Month musical celebration!
- Tue., 12 – 90 Second Egg: Kathleen Edwards
- Mon., 11 – Interview: The Strain
- Fri., 8 – Hockey! Grammys! Electronica!
- Thu., 7 – Interview: The Brothers Dubé
- Mon., 4 – 90 Second Egg with Erik Lind
- Mon., 4 – Interview: Lindi Ortega
- Fri., 1 – Gone With The Lind!
- January 2013
- December 2012
- Sat., 29 – Interview: Alanna Gurr
- Sat., 29 – Just in time for the new year...
- Sat., 22 – Tape Culture in Ottawa
- Sat., 15 – Interview: Kalle Mattson
- Sat., 15 – Interview: Dan Hay
- Sat., 15 – Bandwidth brings you Live at the Opera
- Sat., 8 – Beth Moore's live Bandwidth session
- Sat., 8 – Interview: Beth Moore
- Sat., 8 – Beth Moore performs Get Low
- Sat., 8 – Beth Moore performs Firefly
- Sat., 8 – Interview: Matthew de Zoete
- Sat., 1 – Interview: Jonas Bonnetta
- Sat., 1 – Interview: Anna Atkinson
- November 2012
- October 2012
- Tue., 30 – EXPAND YOUR BANDWIDTH -- the top 10!
- Sat., 27 – Interview: Lowlands
- Sat., 20 – EXPAND YOUR BANDWIDTH -- it's time to vote!
- Sat., 20 – Interview: The Claytones
- Sat., 20 – Interview: Mike Dubue from the Hilotrons
- Tue., 16 – Contest: EXPAND YOUR BANDWIDTH!
- Sat., 13 – Interview: The Joynt
- Sat., 13 – Interview: Inlet Sound
- Sat., 6 – Interview: Whitehorse
- September 2012
- Sat., 29 – Interview: Shawna Caspi
- Sat., 22 – Interview: Right by Midnight
- Sat., 22 – Interview: Wendy Versus
- Sat., 22 – From electro-pop to 90s rock to Letterman...
- Sat., 15 – Interview: Danny Michel
- Sat., 15 – Interview: Souljazz Orchestra
- Sat., 8 – Interview: Kayla Howran
- Sat., 8 – Bandwidth: now with more twang!
- Sat., 1 – Interview: Full Tipped Sleeve
- August 2012
- Sat., 25 – Interview: Papermaps
- Sat., 25 – Interview: Arms of the Girl
- Sat., 18 – Interview: Brian Dunn
- Sat., 18 – Interview: Three Little Birds
- Sat., 18 – Three Little Birds take their harmonies on tour, and Brian Dunn shares songs from the road
- Fri., 17 – Interview: Liam Callan
- Fri., 17 – Interview: Alyssa Reid
- Fri., 17 – Interview: Little Stella
- Sat., 4 – Interview: Adaline
- July 2012
- June 2012
- Sat., 30 – Interview: Steven Page
- Sat., 30 – Interview: Liam Titcomb
- Sat., 30 – Bandwidth says: get outside!
- Sat., 23 – Interview: Nick Sherman
- Sat., 23 – Interview: Crystal Shawanda
- Sat., 16 – Interview: Kelly Sloan
- Sat., 16 – Interview: Eccodek
- Sat., 9 – Interview: Emilie-Claire Barlow
- Sat., 9 – Interview: Faraway Neighbours
- Sat., 9 – North Bay 60s throwback!
- Sat., 2 – Interview: Willow Rutherford
- Sat., 2 – Interview: Allison Brown
- Sat., 2 – Interview: Nancy Dutra
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- Fri., 16 – Bandwidth's Soundtrack to a Snowfall
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
|Radio One||Saturdays 5:05 to 6:00 p.m.|