Michael Feuerstack, Grapes of Wrath, The Marrieds!
Saturday, June 22nd:
- Michael Feuerstack has come out of his shell and dropped the moniker Snailhouse for the release of Tambourine Death Bed. I'll speak to one of my favourite songwriters about inspiration, and whether or not he's happy with where his B.A. in English Literature has taken him.
- Grunge may be gone but Grapes of Wrath has emerged from the ashes of flannel. The band played a concert in Toronto 20 years to the day after they broke up. I'll have highlights from that show for you.
- A few Ontario nominees have made the high-five in the SOCAN Songwriting competition: Whitehorse, The Weather Station, and Maylee Todd need your votes to take home the prize! www.socansongwritingprize.ca
- And the global radio debut of London duo The Marrieds' new tune: "On the CBC." Guess what inspired it? Bandwidth even gets a mention...listen for it.
- Plus, I'll read a few of your entries for the RBC Bluesfest Most Memorable Outdoor Concerts contest...the winners will be announced next week!
|Radio One||Saturdays 5:05 to 6:00 p.m.|