The Monday Edition
Monday, October 15, 2012 |
* Geo-engineering Violation. An illegal iron dumping project off the west coast has caused a dangerous plankton bloom.
* XL: Brooks Mayor. Martin Shields says XL workers are being held hostage by the XL, the politicians and the inspectors.
*NB Fracking Report. A new report on shale gas development recommends New Brunswick take it slow and carefully.
* Gitmo Trials. For many, "torture" is synonymous with "Guantanamo"...but the US doesn't want it mentioned in the tribunal for five men charged in the 9-11 attacks.
* EI Investigation. Auditors take a Cape Breton community to task over allegations they've broken EI rules for work for family members.
* Peshawar Attack: The Taliban's shooting of 14-year-old Malala has emboldened them. Now they have killed six police officers in nothern Pakistan.