Filipino-Canadian Heritage Celebration Day
Thursday, May 22, 2008 | 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington St., Ottawa
During the day from 11:00 a.m., there will be table exhibits by the Philippine Embassy and local community organizations, as well as displays of Philippine paintings, crafts and jewelry. There will also be a cooking demonstration by Cuisine Sante International.
Philippine artist Eugene Pendon is coming from Montreal to exhibit his paintings and paint a mural which will be auctioned later.
Bring the whole family. Everyone is welcome!
Program highlights include:
• A virtual visit to the Philippines
• Opening remarks from Philippine Ambassador Jose Brillantes and other dignitaries
• Philippine Dance Troupe of Ottawa
• Pamana Ng Lahi Dance Troupe
• Workshop on public speaking and leadership
• Filipino songs and poetry
Presented by the Filipino-Canadian Community and the Philippine Embassy.
For more information on Asian Heritage Month in Ottawa, visit the Ottawa Asian Heritage Month Societyonline.