Asian Heritage Month
Story Tools: PRINT | Text Size: S M L XL | REPORT TYPO | SEND YOUR FEEDBACK

CBC Radio One: Slice of the City | to May 29

R1_690_4c.jpg

Slice of the City

Tuesdays and Thursdays in May | 4:45 p.m.
On the Coast
CBC Radio One 690 AM

To celebrate Asian Heritage Month, CBC Radio One's On the Coast is launching a new series with celebrated chef, author, and Vancouver tour guide Stephen Wong, called Slice of the City. Stephen will take listeners to his favourite places to eat, shop and explore Asian culture in Metro Vancouver.

Check out Slice of the City on On the Coast, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:45 pm.
On the Coast can be found on CBC Radio One 690 AM.

« Previous Post | Main | Next Post »

This entry is now Open. Submit your comment.

Story Tools: PRINT | Text Size: S M L XL | REPORT TYPO | SEND YOUR FEEDBACK

Comments: (10)

Michael Allaire (San_Francisco_CA) wrote:

I travel to Vancouver often, and I happened to be there when your story about Treasure Green Tea Shop aired...just so happens to be one of my main destinations on most of my trips to Vancouver! They have an excellent selection of teas, the shop is truly welcoming--an oasis in a bustling and busy world. The tea master, if you can call her that--she seems quite masterful at it--Olivia, is very gracious, knowledgable, and her suggestions have vastly expanded my experience of tea, both as a healthy and enjoyable drink and as a culturally rich ritual.. Many of my friends know I travel to Vancouver often, consequently they often ask me for suggestions and tips on what to visit when there...Olivia's shop is always on my list of great places to visit! Did you know that many film production crews have relied upon this shop for all of their tea requirements for hard working crew members, as well as tempermental actors and directors? Just a little trivia I picked up when I happened to be in the store when a big name director came through the shop. Living in San Francisco I have plenty of tea suppliers nearby...but, these days I get most of my tea from Treasure Tea, either when I am there, or by mail with my special orders handled by Olivia. Just another reason why I love coming to Vancouver so much!

Posted May 27, 2008 10:18 PM

Calvin Chan (Downtown_Vancouver) wrote:

That was very educational interview, I'd like to pay a visit to the store soon.

Posted May 17, 2008 04:19 PM

Chadi Didehvar (Vancouver_BC) wrote:

The interview was really good, I learned much about tea!
Will there be part 2?

Posted May 17, 2008 04:10 PM

Bobo Zhang (Hong_Kong) wrote:

I bought Chinese tea from this tea shop for many years before I moved back to Hong Kong. I have tried tea from various tea shops in the lower mainland, and I must say its still the best tea shop in Vancouver. My last visit was 2 years ago and they have relocated back to their initial location in Chinatown. The tea shop is much more decorative than before and the shop owner's daughter has now taken over the family business. She has great knowledge of Chinese tea and was quite helpful delivering some tea to my clients free of charge.

Posted May 17, 2008 03:40 AM

George (vancouver) wrote:

My favorite tea shop! I first started out looking for one tea only and now have progressed (thanks to Olivia) to some great teas! I even used the shop to send tea baskets to all of my clients at Christmas time and have never been thanked so much!

Posted May 13, 2008 03:55 PM

Dorothy (Vancouver) wrote:

The Treasure Green Tea Shop is a wonderful tea shop where you can enjoy and experience Chinese Teas. Olivia is a great tea make. I would advice anyone to experience teas with Olivia.
Thank you for the interview in the Treasure Green Tea. I would like to hear more interviews about Chinese Teas.

Posted May 12, 2008 05:33 PM

Paige Pogue (Vancouver_BC) wrote:

I love tea! And from this I learned a lot about different kinds teas. I thought she did a really great job.

Posted May 11, 2008 07:38 PM

Sean (Vancouver) wrote:

I've read of the health benefits of tea numerous times on magazines but never did I know the ceremonial traditions. It was very interesting to hear that a tea store with such history exists in Vancouver.

Great interview

Thanks

Posted May 11, 2008 06:30 PM

Glenn Nawrocki (Vancouver_BC) wrote:

I heard that an interview was done at Treasure Green, I am trying to locate an archive of the show I would like to hear it. I myself have been going to Olivia's Tea Shop for several years and as you know the proprietor Olivia is very friendly to everyone . explaining the nature of tea, the history of tea, the various types of tea, fermentation and of course 'The Ceremony'... you can just drop in, talk and have a tea experience almost any time she is very obliging. So where, when or how can I hear this interview

Glenn

Posted May 11, 2008 05:09 PM

Susan and Dave Gile (Downtown_Vancouver) wrote:

We checked out the tea store on Georgia Street in Chinatown, truly a great experience. we sampled different types of tea and the owner is very knowledgable. Absolutely a beautiful shop, I will say the best in Chinatown.

Posted May 11, 2008 04:12 PM