About the Gros Morne Experience:
During my three weeks stay I completed a series of drawings in the form of panoramics that included Bonne Bay and the Tablelands. On my return to the UK, I worked from these and photographs as well as the journals I kept whilst in Newfoundland and from these I produced larger work.
The tablelands form a unique part of the Gros Morne area and it was this area that I was able to concentrate upon, frequently visiting them for sketching and writing.
Whilst at Woody Point, I gave a talk at the Discovery Centre that was based upon an earlier residency in Antarctica with the British Antarctic Survey.
Selected Exhibitions, Awards, Publications
- 2004 - "Due South", The Natural History Museum, London
- 2001 - "Moments In Time. The Essential Landscape", Yard Gallery, Nottingham, Natural History Museum
- 2004 - Arts Council Award, England, Venus Development & Publishing
- 2002 - S.E. Arts Award, Anarctica
- Poetry Anthology: Two Rivers Press