"For me, making my own paper compliments the art work I do.
It's part of the artistic process for me. For many people, the paper
is the art. "
· Born in PEI
· Bachelor of Fine Arts, Art History minor, Nova Scotia College
of Art and Design, Halifax, NS 1992
· AOCA, Honours, Printmaking, Ontario College of Art, Toronto, ON
· Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild
Studied bookbinding craft and history extensively with Betsy Palmer
Eldridge, mediaeval binding with Reg Beatty, and a variety of courses
with Don Taylor 1994-97
· Studied letterpress printing with Barbarian Press in Mission,
· PEI Printmakers Guild Exhibit, group show, Japan,
· Poetry in Paintings, group show, Details, Charlottetown,
PEI, Fall 2001.
· Illuminations, group show, Lunenberg Gallery, Lunenberg,
Nova Scotia, Fall 2001.
· The Quality of Light Near the Sea, two-person show
with John Cox Gallery at the Guild,
Charlottetown, PEI, March 2001.
· Books, Pilar Shepard Gallery, Charlottetown, PEI 2000-2001
· Art of the Book 98, traveling CBBAG group show,
Selected Affiliations,Professional Experience:
· Member of the Board of Directors, Gallery in the Guild, Charlottetown,
· Owner and operator, "HazelTree Press and Paper", a private
press and small handmade paper mill, 1994-present
· Member of the Board of Directors and the Education Committee,
Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild 1997-1998