Indiewire’s TIFF critics poll
- September 16, 2009 5:15 PM
- By Arts Online
Ryan Bingham (George Clooney) is an obsessive frequent flier in the comedy-drama Up in the Air. (Paramount Pictures)
The website Indiewire is conducting an ongoing TIFF critics poll, getting some of the assembled experts to grade their responses to 34 films (because it’s the fest’s 34th birthday, they say). The critics are mostly American, so the poll focuses on U.S. films. Faves so far include Up in the Air, The Road, Capitalism: A Love Story, A Serious Man and A Single Man (note: that’s not a typo, those last two films just have similar titles). Some of the films being perceived as, well, not-so-good: Jennifer’s Body and Creation.
Click here to read the survey. Remember, they’re updating it during the festival.
-- Greig Dymond
- This year's TIFF: Precious, indeed
- And thus ends this year's TIFF: the emotionally wrenching Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire wins the People's Choice Award, and Cairo Time gets the nod for Best Canadian Feature.... Continue reading this post
- TIFF: Day 10 lookahead
- Sigh. Sniffle. Yawn. Apply cold water to face. Yes, it’s the last day of TIFF ’09 and intense fatigue has set in. It seems like eons since Matt Damon was here to promote The Informant! But really, it was just... Continue reading this post
- Cleanflix: One way to sanitize Hollywood movies
- Cleanflix is about a highly profitable business that sprung up in Utah about 10 years ago – several video-DVD rental outlets started to provide cleaned-up versions of Hollywood favourites for Mormons who liked movies but didn’t want their families exposed... Continue reading this post