Point of View
The cultural appropriation debate isn't about free speech — it's about context
Indigenous writer Alicia Elliott explains why invoking "free speech" arguments around cultural appropriation ignores Canada's history of oppression.
Indigenous writer Alicia Elliott explains why 'free speech' arguments ignore Canada's history of oppression
Popular now in arts
- 18 reading nowPhotos#CanadaGem: The best — and totally breathtaking — hiking trails in Canada
- 7 reading nowYour special Summer Solstice horoscope is here
- 4 reading nowPoint of ViewYas Queen! Her Majesty gives us an LGBTQ shoutout just in time for pride
- 3 reading nowThe latest celebrity diet trends: Do they work and are they right for you?
- 3 reading nowVideoFit Class: 30-minute toning workout for big and small muscle groups