Raiders of the Lost Ark: the remake
By Katrina Onstad
Pages from the script for Raiders: The Adaptation.
Pages from the script for Raiders: The Adaptation
"There were no video stores then. This was before home entertainment. For the first few years, we wrote the script from memory. We used the comic book as our major source and we went back to the theatre over and over. Eric made an audiotape by sneaking in a tape recorder and we used that. Then finally the script was published and I bought a copy. We were always handwriting our script over and over, revising it. When the laser disc came out, it was the Holy Grail, but even up until we finished, we still collected every bit of source material on Raiders that we could find.A lot changed over the course of making this film, not just technology and not just us. Think about it: two more Indiana Jones movies came out as we were still making the first."
More from this Author
- Inside Abu Ghraib
- Filmmaker Errol Morris trains his lens on the infamous Iraqi prison
- Old maid
- Made of Honor is a tired retread of better nuptial rom-coms
- Orange alert
- The harrowing high jinks of Harold and Kumar
- Get over it
- Man-children rule in the comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Forever young
- The film Young@Heart follows a group of rockin' seniors