How Emily Carr showed the world it's never too late for a career in art
She's a Canadian icon, but her career didn't take off until she was 57 years old. Hear how CBC Radio remembered the life of Emily Carr, one of art's most loved late-bloomers, on this day in 1963.
Now, she's a Canadian icon. But Emily Carr was 57 when the country finally noticed her talent.
Popular now in arts
- 7 reading nowPoint of ViewWhy aren't we all fuming over the CRTC cuts? Because we don't see ourselves reflected in TV and film
- 2 reading nowWatch now: Gord Downie's The Secret Path
- 2 reading nowPoint of ViewHow to be an ally during pow wow season
- 2 reading nowExhibitionistsThis artist can transform ordinary objects and it's the closest thing to real magic you'll ever see
- 1 reading nowNat'l Aboriginal Day5 Indigenous artists keeping cultural traditions alive with their work