CBC North - Photo By Teddy Carter

  | Bookmark and Share

Coroner's Inquest wraps With Recommendations...

Bradley Rusk, his wife Valerie, their son Gabe, and their daughter Rebekah and their friend Donald MacNamee died last January. They thought they might have the flu but they didn't. They were being poisoned. A used boiler was improperly installed and fitted to a decaying brick chimney. And it was killing them. Investigators, who looked into their deaths, concluded there were at least a dozen missed opportunities over the years to see the danger and do something about it potentially saving 5 lives. Now a coroner's jury is hoping those actions are taken.

Brian Boyle spent the week listening to those investigators as well as the colleagues, friends, and family of the dead. He joined us in the studio to tell us what he's learned...

Download Flash Player to view this content.
  •