Baby lost in chaos of Nice attack reunited with parents
Friends of the parents used Facebook to spread the word about the missing child
A baby boy who was separated from his family during the truck attack in Nice Thursday night has been found after an appeal for help was widely shared on Facebook.
The parents reportedly got separated from the boy who was in a stroller during the chaos that ensued after a truck crashed through Bastille Day crowds. Authorities said today that 10 children are among the 84 dead.
The eight-month-old baby's parents have not been identified, but friends and family took to social media to aid in the search efforts.
She later updated the post, saying the boy had been reunited with his family after a woman "brought the baby boy to safety."
"With such a horrible night it is such a miracle that through all the sharing on Facebook he was found," Boulanger wrote.
Tiava Banner, who the Independent identifies as the baby's aunt, also shared an update after the boy was found. She thanked a woman named Catherine Preun and another named Joy Ruez in her Facebook post.
The Independent reports that locals had seen the stroller and took the baby into their home.
In her Facebook update, Banner wrote that she would not be responding to requests for interviews because other family members are still in the hospital.
Boulanger reflected on the incident on Friday morning, after the boy was returned to his parents.
"I really believe that technology can be good and used to share hope and to encourage people during this very traumatic time," Boulanger told the Huffington Post.
"Hatred will only breed more hatred and that's not what this country needs."