Theatre: November 2012 Archives
Sunday November 25, 2012
Now she's back with a show that brings together seven different countries and traditions, travelling to Quebec, Nepal, India, Bosnia, Peru, Egypt and France.
This show of storytelling and dance is called Satrangi: Seven Stories of Light. It opens this week.
Deepali Lindblom joins Sonali Karnick in-studio.
Saturday November 24, 2012
It's a six-time Tony Award-winning drama, directed here by award-winning veteran of the Stratford Festival, Martha Henry.
Red tells the story of artist Mark Rothko, who was a pioneer of the abstract expressionist movement.
Rothko made a name for himself in the 1950s with his 'multiform' paintings - huge canvasses painted with rectangles of colour and light that seemed to float off the canvas. Then in 1958, he was offered one of the biggest commissions in the history of modern art - a set of murals for the Seagram building in New York.
That's where Red begins. Randy Hughson plays the artist, and Jesse Aaron Dwyre plays his young assistant. They joined Elizabeth Robertson in studio.
Sunday November 4, 2012
A single mother is fired from her job as a cashier, and she turns to her former boyfriend for help but he's managed to make a better life for himself and now lives in the wealthy Chestnut Hill. Their beliefs and worlds collide in a story that looks at how the class system can sometimes play out in the U.S.
Sonali Karnick spoke with the director of Good People, Roy Surette.
- September 2014
- Sun., 21 – N The Queen of Paris: Broadway-bound
- August 2014
- Sun., 24 – Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson
- July 2014
- Sat., 5 – Grove Hall in Huntingdon
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- Sun., 2 – The Aeneid, an epic tale of immigration
- February 2014
- Sat., 1 – The Seagull at The Segal
- January 2014
- Sun., 19 – Baba Alex: Quebec master of Indian classical
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- Sun., 26 – Perspectives: Montreal on Trial
- April 2013
- March 2013
- Sat., 2 – The Mahalia Jackson Musical
- February 2013
- January 2013
- Sun., 20 – Maurice Podbrey: Waiting for the Barbarians
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- Mon., 29 – Hamlet, a man for our times