Sports: January 2013 Archives
Sunday January 20, 2013
There are so many beautiful spots around the province to go snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. So you might want to pick your park for what it offers indoors too.
This year, Quebec's provincial parks offer Nature Cabins. There are also nordic Huttopia tents, and Mt St Bruno offers tea with your trails!
Jean Pagé is head of research for the SEPAQ, the network of provincial parks in Quebec.
He joins me from our studio in Quebec City.
Saturday January 19, 2013
Thousands of excited hockey fans will flood into the Bell Centre tonight for the long-awaited beginning of the hockey season. But the Montreal Canadiens are also available to the lucky fans who get into the centre, as of 9 o'clock this morning. There's a chance to see the Habs and Maple Leafs' skating this morning, outdoor concerts - all for free.
Kevin Gilmour , the Montreal Canadien's Chief Operating Officer, tells Ainslie MacLellan about what to expect. (Above, Toronto captain Dion Phaneuf, left, and his Montreal counterpart Brian Gionta are trying to lead their teams back into the playoffs. (Getty Images)
- May 2014
- April 2014
- Sat., 26 – Women's football season kicks off
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- Sat., 16 – Chris "Knuckles" Nilan: Fighting Back
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- Sun., 23 – Hiking Trails of Montreal and Beyond
- May 2013
- Sun., 12 – Erin Balser on baseball books
- April 2013
- March 2013
- Sat., 9 – Ski Report: Ski for a good cause
- February 2013
- January 2013
- Sat., 19 – Hockey is back at the Bell Centre
- December 2012
- Sat., 1 – The Ski Report : Kevin Gasior
- November 2012
- October 2012
- Sat., 20 – Hockey season opens for Montreal Stars
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- Sun., 25 – Freestyle Skiers bring home hardware